- We work with local people and organizations to ensure our programs are based on real needs and real opportunities for implementation
- We design programs that aim to end fistula in a given region as a means of discovering and modeling best practices and approaches to this issue
- We work comprehensively because fistula is an issue of maternal health systems, gender inequity and poverty
- We build partnerships, work collaboratively and advocate for funding and resource collaboration because no one organization or agency will end fistula alone
- We actively monitor, evaluate and conduct research so that our programs can grow and change based on the reality of successes and challenges faced in the field
We believe that ending fistula is a bold but attainable goal. However, a goal like ending fistula is attainable only if we work efficiently at a variety of levels. One By One works with individuals and individual families at the grassroots level to make lasting change for patients, and pregnant women in need in the regions where we work.
Additionally we work in partnership with local community-based organizations, local and federal government officials in both the US and in our partner countries and we work with multilateral agencies so that together we can make large-scale change truly possible.